Re: [eclipselink-users] memory leak

You can disable caching in EclipseLink using the persistence.xml property,
"eclipselink.cache.shared"="false"

This is a safe configuration, and recommend if caching is not desired.  The
docs are referring to using a specific NoIdentityMap cache type, which is
not the correct way to disable the cache.

DavidParker wrote:

> I am trying to track down a memory leak in our application that
> happens under moderate read/write load. It's the nature of our app
> that each write involves several reads from the db first.
>
> I am not having much luck with the Netbeans profiler, so I'm kind of
> casting around for tools to use.
>
> I'd like to reduce the amount of caching eclipselink does to the
> absolute minimum -for the purposes of this testing I'm not concerned
> with performance. But I'm not sure a safe way to do that. I get the
> impression from the doc that the "identity map" and "cache" are the
> same thing, and it looks like I can't run without an identity map.
>
> What can I set in Persistence.xml to reduce caching in eclipselink?
>
> Also, I would be really appreciative of any suggestions on how to go
> about tracking this down. My dev environment is OS X, on which JProbe,
> for instance, doesn't run. Using eclipselink 1.1.2
>
> TIA.
>
> - DAP

> David Parker
> dap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx