Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink cache configuration for Struts plus Spring application

If you get the same behavior with caching off, then it does not seem to be a
caching issue, but is very odd, I cannot think of what could cause this.

Try turning on logging, and see what SQL is being generated.  Also try
setting refreshIdentityMapResult() in the query.  Also include the full code
for your querym what is "....set variables..." doing?

sonavor wrote:

> I have looked through a number of the JPA caching posts on the forum but I
> haven't found a solution to what my problem is.
>
> My application is a web application running on Tomcat (5.5) and using
> MySql as the database.  The web application framework is Struts and the
> business layer is managed by Spring.  In this web application most users
> will be running queries for data so no transactions will be going on and I
> would like speed for these tasks.  Data entry will be going on from time
> to time by some administrator screens where new data is entered and/or
> existing data updated.
>
> The application is performing pretty well so far (half-way through
> development).  The problem I am having is I am seeing a caching problem(?)
> when new data is entered through the admin screen followed by a user
> finding the data in a query.
>
> So an admin user enters several new records.  Then an application user
> executes a search where the new data is included in the result set.  When
> the result page attempts to display attributes of the search result data I
> am seeing some errors due to the newly entered records having nulls for
> some their attributes.  The missing data is in the database but is just
> not being returned with the search results.
>
> Is this more of a fetch strategy problem?  The missing attribute data will
> show up if I use a screen that specifically finds and returns the
> individual record.   After that the searches then also return all of the
> attributes.  Or is this a problem with my cache settings?  I have tried
> setting the caching in the persistence.xml with and without the entry -
> <property name="eclipselink.cache.shared.default" value="false"/>
> and I don't see any difference in performance or my error.
>
> One other thing about the search not immediately seeing all of the entity
> attributes - If I reboot my server or redeploy my application the search
> will find all of the data it needs.  It is only immediately after the new
> entity is created in the database that the JPA search query is not finding
> the data.
>
> My search queries performing the search are both queries like -
>
> Query q = em.createQuery(qSB.toString());
> List<MyEntity> eList = q.getResultList();
>
> and
>
> ReadAllQuery readAllQuery = new ReadAllQuery(MyEntity.class);
> ....set variables...
> javax.persistence.Query jpaquery = ((JpaEntityManager)
> em.getDelegate()).createQuery(readAllQuery);
> ...set variables....
> List<MyEntity> results = jpaquery.getResultList();
>
> Thanks for any help with a good solution to provide fast searches yet be
> able to sync with new entity additions.
>
> -sonavor

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/