Re: [eclipselink-users] osgi dynamic weaving initialization problem

Hi Ted,

  It turns out that the PDE launcher works fine.  You do have to specify -Dosgi.framework.extensions in the launch configuration but the biggest restriction is that org.eclipse.osgi, the Equinox bundle, has to be co-located with any framework extensions [1] like EclipseLink weaving.  If you're working with the Java EE Galileo distribution then the EclipseLink bundles are installed in your Eclipse IDE install's plugins folder along with Equinox.  You can always install the EclipseLink bundles into Eclipse from the Galileo or RT update sites to achieve this configuration.

   Hope this helps,
       Shaun

[1] See red text in: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Adaptor_Hooks#Hookable_Adaptor

Ted Pricer wrote:
Shaun,

It just occurred to me what a lousy job I did explaining what I'm doing. I'm actually trying to get this all working in the Eclipse PDE, per the PDE OSGi tutorial. I came across a post from you (forum message #482226) indicating that this can work with weaving. I'm hoping that the behavior I'm observing is something someone has seen before. Based on your feedback - perhaps I need to launch differently.

Ted