Re: [eclipselink-users] Mapping Question

On Thursday 24 September 2009 19:57:58 christopher delahunt wrote:

> Other than increasing the memory and the heap, you can make some of the
> backward relationships also lazy - specifically the ManyToOne back
> pointers.  This will prevent the entire tree from being inadvertently
> brought into memory when not needed.

Is there a different annotation needed on the @OneToMany backpointer as I have
already tried that. and EclipseLInk still walked back up the tree.

> You can also look at where a
> relationship is not strictly needed and unmap them - bringing them in
> using a query instead when they are needed.  For instance, in a
> ManyToMany, it may not be necessary to have both sides mapped if the
> application will only ever us it from one side.

That looks like the quickest solution. I will try that in the morning
temporarily to get my job done, but I would like to get to the bottom of
what's going on and to be able to have some degree of control over back-
walking - if it's possible.

Regards

Back to the top