Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink with Apache Felix

Hi Andreas,

The use of BND to generate our manifests on our trunk(2.0) stream is just days away. The targets are actually already available for those doing their own build. We just have a little work left to get them enabled on our build server.

-Tom

Andreas Kollegger wrote:
Hi all,

Back in July there was some discussion about a problem running EclipseLink with Apache Felix, ultimately sticking at a ClassNotFoundException:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/namespace/QName
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.helper.ClassConstants.<clinit>(ClassConstants.java:127) at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.identitymaps.AbstractIdentityMap.getDefaultIdentityMapClass(AbstractIdentityMap.java:297)
    at org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.Project.<init>(Project.java:84)

There was mention of starting to use bnd in the build process (which was very encouraging) and looking for workarounds in the meantime. It's not that the system isn't exposing the javax.xml.namespace, but that the bundles aren't importing it.

As a test, I repackaged the comics example as a maven multi-module project which uses pax-runner to launch the bundle into plain-old-felix. Any of the 1.1X and 2.0x bundles I've tried from the maven repositories still have the problem. The project is attached for reference. You can change the eclipselink version being deployed by just editing a property in the top-level pom.

Best,
Andreas