[eclipselink-users] Updating Join Views

Hi

Finally got my view working in EclipseLink (Thanks) but now when I try to
update one of the base tables through the view, EclipseLink throws
java.sql.SQLException: Can not modify more than one base table through a
join view. I only want to update one of the base tables via the view. The
underlying database (MySQL) allows this through native SQL. Is the clue in
the words "more than one table" or does EclipseLink prevent any update
through views?

Which brings me to another newbie question. All the CRUD examples I've seen,
work with single entities in their entirety (i.e all fields are retrieved,
displayed (some may be hidden fields)  in the web-app and all are returned.
In a web-app, how do you deal with the situation where you may be
displaying/updating only a subset of the fields in an entity - so when you
try to merge() later, when only a subset of the fields are populated because
some haven't been returned by the webapp . I guess what I'm trying to ask,
is how to implement UPDATE TABLE SET Field7 = "xxx", Field24 = "yyy" using
EclipseLink

Hope that this makes sense

Regards