Re: [eclipselink-users] debugging - see 259972

where can I find the source for Persistence.class?

On Sep 2, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Michael O'Brien wrote:

David,
    The eclipselink.jar has been building using [javac.debug=true] since early 1.0 -however debugging info was restricted to the default [javac.debuglevel=source.lines] and was missing "local variables" in the debug variables view until mid May 2009 in the trunk - I noticed this discrepancy when debugging on WebSphere in Jan.
    Bug 259972 was raised and fixed so that a local override was not required.
    See the following references, the ant build by default creates a fully debuggable jar since 20090513 - however this change should be in 1.1.2 after the merge in rev# 4420 in June.

http://bugs.eclipse.org/259972
http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/browse/eclipselink/trunk/build.properties
http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/browse/eclipselink/trunk/build.properties?r=4179

    As Tim suggests, try adding the following to your <user-dir>/build.properties override and rebuild eclipselink.jar to verify this.

javac.debug=true
javac.debuglevel=lines,vars,source

    See also
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Debugging
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Source
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development/Testing/Prereq
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Building
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Development

    thank you
    /michael

Tim Hollosy wrote:
I can do this in eclipse just by attaching the source to the jar in
the libraries list, so it must be possible in netbeans.

./tch