[eclipselink-users] Maven Snapshots vs. trunk build

Hi,

I'm trying to use EclipseLink in an OSGi environment, currently Apache Felix, but am having some trouble using the artifacts available in the maven repository because of missing imports. If I build from trunk, the artifact looks ok.

For instance, building org.eclipse.persistence.core from trunk:

`cd foundation/org.eclipse.persistence.core`
`ant`

Then extract the MANIFEST.MF from the jar, it shows:

Import-Package: javax.activation;vendor=sun;resolution:=optional,javax
 .jms;version="1.1.0";resolution:=optional,javax.mail;resolution:=opti
 onal,javax.mail.internet;resolution:=optional,javax.persistence;versi
 on="1.0.0";resolution:=optional,javax.persistence.spi;version="1.0.0"
 ;resolution:=optional,javax.resource;version="1.5.0";resolution:=opti
 onal,javax.resource.cci;version="1.5.0";resolution:=optional,javax.tr
 ansaction;version="1.1.0";resolution:=optional,javax.xml.namespace;re
 solution:=optional,javax.xml.datatype;resolution:=optional,org.xml.sa
 x;resolution:=optional,org.xml.sax.ext;resolution:=optional,org.w3c.d
 om

But, downloading the latest snapshot from the repository and extracting the MANIFEST.MF reveals something different:

Import-Package: javax.activation;vendor=sun;resolution:=optional,javax
 .jms;version="1.1.0";resolution:=optional,javax.mail;resolution:=opti
 onal,javax.mail.internet;resolution:=optional,javax.persistence;versi
 on="1.0.0";resolution:=optional,javax.persistence.spi;version="1.0.0"
 ;resolution:=optional,javax.resource;version="1.5.0";resolution:=opti
 onal,javax.resource.cci;version="1.5.0";resolution:=optional,javax.tr
 ansaction;version="1.1.0";resolution:=optional,javax.xml.stream;resol
 ution:=optional,org.w3c.dom

Hard to look at, I know. But the problem for me at the moment is the missing "javax.xml.namespace" in the second manifest. Investigating, the second wrong manifest is picked up from foundation/ org.eclipse.persistence.core/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF -- which as far as I can tell must be part of some Eclipse IDE build instead of the command- line ant build, which generates the manifest at build-time.

It makes sense to me that developers are using Eclipse to work on EclipseLink -- I do. But, the two build paths are confusing. How does the build work for deploying to the maven repository? I'd like to help fix it so I don't have to keep deploying my own builds.

Thanks,
Andreas

Back to the top