Re: [eclipselink-users] Specification interpretation question

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:19 PM, christopher delahunt <christopher.delahunt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
e2.getE1() will return null until e2 gets refreshed from the database (following a flush/commit), or it is set by the application directly.  JPA does not provide relationship maintenance, and determining that the  relationship changed/exists because a basic mapping changed is an extreme form of relationship maintenance.   Doing so would be provider specific, and not is implemented by EclipseLink (though you could set it to occur with events or change listeners).
Best Regards,
Chris

Thanks.  I was under the impression that this would fall under the umbrella of lazy loading, not relationship management?  That is, the merge() would create a new object, and copy the state of the new object on top of it, and since I'm using the new, merged object when I next called getE1() it would trigger the lazy load mechanism?  No?

Best,
Laird

Back to the top