[eclipselink-users] Fwd: null value ONCASCADE=PERSIST and XA Resources

Hi list, I'm facing 2 problems with JPA

1) I have an OneToMany relationship between Invoice and ProductItem,
when i try to create a new invoice:

Invoice invoice = new Invoice();
ArrayList<ProductItem> items = new ArrayList<ProductItem>();
for(/*any iteration*/) {
     item = new ProductItem();
     item.setQuantity(myQuantity);
     items.add(item);
}

invoice.setProductItems(items);
invoiceFacade.create(invoice);

throws an SQLException because native query is: INSERT INTO
PRODUCT_ITEM(QUANTITY, INVOICE_ID) VALUES(3, null);

should i persist invoice before add items to it? in that piece of code
i can manage transaction in create(Invoice) method...persisting
invoice object first, I have to manage Transaction outside of EJB
method, or create another one.

2) another Exception is thrown in several "INSERT" actions. I have
Oracle PersistenceContext and DB2 PersistenceContext in EJB module,
message is:

Local transaction already has 1non-XA Resource: cannot add more resources.

reading this post [1], looks like i need XADatasource when i use
different pool resources. Really i don't have to persist objects from
DB2, so i don't need distribuited transactions, can i disable XA?

[1]http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=21385#95346

Thanks for your replies,

Best regards.
--