Re: [eclipselink-users] DB-based cascade delete question

Hi Joen,

At the moment there is no explicit support for generating a schema that contains "ON DELETE CASCADE".

The only option I can think of is to set our DDL generation to generate a SQL-SCRIPT and then edit the script and apply it to the database yourself.
(persistence unit property: eclipselink.ddl-generation.output-mode=sql-script)

  Please feel free to enter an enhancement request.

-Tom

Joselito D. Moreno wrote:
Hello,

How does eclipselink handle DB-based delete cascade (e.g. ON DELETE CASCADE on Oracle). Is there anything special I need to to setup as far as entity relationship definition is concerned? Or if anybody can point me to where I can read up on it, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am currently using JPA with eclipselink 1.1.2.

Thanks,

Joen