Re: [eclipselink-users] Cascading entities

James Sutherland skrev:
Please include the mappings/annotations that you currently have.
Because the description has a composite primary key, you will need to define
a PrimaryKeyClass.

Refer to,
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Persistence/Identity_and_Sequencing#Composite_Primary_Keys

and,
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Persistence/Identity_and_Sequencing#Primary_Keys_through_OneToOne_Relationships

Using a primary key from a ManyToOne can be a little complex in JPA 1.0, but
it is simpler in JPA 2.0 as you can put @Id on a ManyToOne (EclipseLink
2.0).

Thank you so much for the pointers, I figured it out eventually. :-)
(Sorry for the late response, but thought that I had sent this mail before I went on a weekend holiday, but I guess not).

--
Regards
Christian Michelsen

Back to the top