[eclipselink-users] SDO under OSGi

Hi,

Has anyone gotten SDO to work in an OSGi environment like Felix? I'm trying simple things like...

HelperContext scope = HelperProvider.getDefaultContext();

... which falls into a rabbit hole of trying to resolve classes that aren't imported/exported. It looks to me like the org.eclipse.persistence.sdo bundle and the commonj.sdo plugin in trunk both need to be updated.

Looking at the reference implementation for commonj.sdo, it could be augmented with an OSGi activator which uses a service tracker to look for installed implementations. Similarly, org.eclipse.persistence.sdo could have an activator to register its implementations. Client bundles could either use the standard commonj.sdo static instance references or instead get the OSGi service references. Does that sound reasonable?

-Andreas

Back to the top