Re: [eclipselink-users] The Java type [null] is not a valid database type -- any clues?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Laird Nelson <ljnelson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm now encountering it in another @ManyToOne situation where the presence or absence of @JoinColumns doesn't seem to matter.  I'll definitely file a bug.

HA!  Finally found what the issue is--it is definitely a bug.  If you do a @ManyToOne relationship, where the "one" has an @Id column that contains a columnDefinition attribute, you can trigger the error.

There may be additional ways to trigger it.

Now that I have found it, I'll file a bug.  This is a big deal for me, as we need to specify columnDefinition fragments, deeply unfortunately, for lots of legacy columns in our database (to force, for example, the use of CHAR instead of VARCHAR).

Thanks,
Laird

Back to the top