Re: [eclipselink-users] Any reason why an ObjectTypeConverter can't live on a package?

Hi Laird,

Any ObjectTypeConverter you define should be usable on any class in the same persistence unit.

We have tried to mimic the JPA-style of annotations when adding our own annotations. In this case, the way we do things is somewhat similar to the way they do ID generation. (i.e. The Converter can be defined on an Type, Method or Field, but is usable outside of that place)

I agree that this is a little confusing from the point of view of how you organize your code and there may be some kind of enhancement request worth entering here either for the JPA spec, or for EclipseLink.

-Tom

Laird Nelson wrote:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_(ELUG)#How_to_Use_the_.40ObjectTypeConverter_Annotation indicates that the ObjectTypeConverter annotation can only be applied to a Type or Method or Field.

Any reason why this annotation cannot also live at the package level? It would be very nice to be able to reference a common ObjectTypeConverter from several classes in the same package.

Best,
Laird