[eclipselink-users] one connection for each request!

Hi there,

We migrated a big application from classic toplink to EJB 3, glassfish,
EclipseLink. Some big module is still using classic toplink queries for
a lot of things. As we didn't have the resource to change everything to
pure ejb & jpa, we tried a couple of "tricks". They kind of work (in
production), but I noticed that there is one connection for each db request.

It stills works fast enough, thanks to Glassfish connection pooling. But
I guess this is horrible. I also don't expect any

Here is how I get a UnitOfWork:

JpaEntityManager jpaEntityManager =
JpaHelper.getEntityManager(entityManager);
UnitOfWork unitOfWork = jpaEntityManager.getUnitOfWork();

Here is some eclipselink query which is causing thousand of db queries
_and_ acquiring about the same number of connections :

return ((Collection) unitOfWork.executeQuery(readAllQuery));

thx

Back to the top