Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink failover, connection pool, etc.

1 - An EclipseLink ServerSession is always used with JPA.  The doc is just
saying the native API DatabaseSession a connection pool is not used, only a
signle connection (but DatabaseSession is never used with JPA).

2 - EclipseLink does support failover with the Oracle database, and others
should also be possible.  I think the failover database is included in the
JDBC URL.  EclipseLink will also automatically ping, reconnect and retry
failed queries, and a failover wait time can also be configured.  If your
JDBC driver does not support failover, you could probably use EclipseLink
SessionEvents to switch databases.

William Cai-6 wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm using EclipseLink JPA interface in my code and would confirm some
> issues with you people. Any response is greatly appreciated!
>
> 1. EclipseLink Connection Pool. According to the document, "For non-Java
> EE applications, you typically use internalconnection pools. By default,
> EclipseLink sessions use internal connection pools.", and I do see
> multiple connections are started up when my application runs. However, in
> another page, I see "You can create internal connection pools only for
> server sessions (not for any other session type, including database
> sessions)", how to understand the statement?
>
> 2. Does EclipseLink provide any failover functionalities, for example
> specifying more than one JDBC URLs, etc? I did search the document and
> found nothing. Just want to confirm with the community to ensure I don't
> miss anything.
>
> Again thanks for your help!
>
> Thanks,
> William