Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipselink with Spring 2.5.6 and Weblogic 10.3

Could you include the full exception stack trace.

Also try enabling logging to finest and see was is logged
("eclipselink.logging.level"="finest" in persistence.xml).  Maybe also try
deploying your persistence unit outside of Spring to see if it is a Spring
issue.

Lori A. Dornfeld wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having some issues trying to get eclipselink to work with my
> application...  I saw this e-mail address on a help-site, so I'm hoping
> this will be an okay place to start... Whenever I attempt to run an
> web-app, I get the following error:
>
> Could not obtain JPA EntityManager; nested exception is
> javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28019]
> (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.2 (Build 20081024)):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
> Exception Description: Deployment of PersistenceUnit
> [opsPersistenceUnit] failed.
> Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException; nested exception is
> org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: Could not
> obtain JPA EntityManager; nested exception is
> javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-28019]
> (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.2 (Build 20081024)):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
> Exception Description: Deployment of PersistenceUnit
> [opsPersistenceUnit] failed.
> Internal Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException>
>
> I figure it's something with either my application-context.xml OR my
> persistence.xml, I just don't know what... Any ideas???
>
> Application-Context.xml:
>    	<bean id="dataSource"
> class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.TransactionAwareDataSourcePro
> xy">
>    		<constructor-arg>
>    			<jee:jndi-lookup jndi-name="myDataSource"/>
>    		</constructor-arg>
>    	</bean>
>
> 	<jee:jndi-lookup id="entityManagerFactory"
> jndi-name="java:comp/env/jpa/bisonToolsPersistenceUnit"/>
>
> 	<bean id="transactionManager"
> class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager" />
>
>     <bean id="entityManagerManager"
> class="com.assisted.common.utils.EntityManagerManager">
>         <property name="entityManagerFactory"
> ref="entityManagerFactory"/>
>     </bean>
> 	<bean id="jpaDialect"
>
> class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.EclipseLinkJpaDialect" />
> 	<bean id="jpaVendorAdapter"
>
> class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.EclipseLinkJpaVendorAdapter">
> 		<property name="showSql" value="true" />
> 		<property name="databasePlatform"
>
> value="org.eclipse.persistence.platform.database.oracle.OraclePlatform"
> />
> 	</bean>
>
> Persistence.xml
> <persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence";
>     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd";
>     version="1.0">
>     <persistence-unit name="opsPersistenceUnit" transaction-type="JTA">
>
> <provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider>
> [...]

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/
TopLink