Re: [eclipselink-users] Storing stream with JPA into BLOB fails?

You can use stream binding in EclipseLink using
DatabaseLogin.useStreamsForBinding(), (using a SessionCustomizer).

For Oracle Lobs you may need to use the Oracle9Platform (or 8/9/10) with the
thin driver for lobs over 4k.

Ari Heino wrote:

> I'm trying to save InputStream into blob column, but I get error while
> getting stream from blob object with JPA.
>
> It seems that reading/writing to empty blob instance causes failure, so is
> it at all possible to insert stream with JPA/EclipseLink? Or only via JDBC
> like:
>
> pstmt.setBinaryStream(1,new
> ByteArrayInputStream(dataAsByteArray),dataAsByteAr ray.length);
>
> I tried using "BLOB.getEmptyBLOB()" with Oracle 10, but that just returns
> some 17000-series errror code about not being able to deal with empty
> blob.
>
> I'm using EclipseLink 1.1.0. in OSGi/Equinox container.

-----
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/
TopLink