[eclipselink-users] Annotations-only jar?

Hello; would the EclipseLink team think about releasing an annotations-only jar file?

I'd like to be able to compile my JPA project with all sorts of custom annotations from EcliseLink, Hibernate and OpenJPA--and would like to make sure that my compile-time classpath is as "skinny" as possible.  Currently I need to import org.eclipse.persistence.core from your Maven repository to do this, and besides the annotations it includes lots and lots of other things that I don't need at compile time.

While I'm on the subject, it would appear that the org.eclipse.persistence.jpa Maven artifact really should declare a dependency on org.eclipse.persistence.core, yes?  Currently it does not, and at test/runtime I find that I need to import both projects in my POM--I would expect that if I included the *.jpa project as a dependency, *.core would be pulled in transitively.

Thanks again for this great project,
Laird

Back to the top