Re[eclipselink-users] mote LOB (database link)

I have a remote table (using a database link) that contains a LOB column and
all is working except in Oracle you can't read (select) from a LOB from a
remote database or you get error ORA-22992: cannot use LOB locators selected
from remote tables.

So a workaround is to create a view on the remote database such as:
create or replace view v
as
  select col_a, col_b, dbms_lob.substr(lob_col,32767,1) lob_col from
text_value;

and now you can do a select from the linked from database.

So, my question is how do you map a java class to a view for just reading
but have the java class use the normal table mapping for insert, updates,
and deletes (since you can't update through a view).