[eclipselink-users] Query for a Integer/int and treat it like a String (with LIKE %123%)

Hi!

I am in need to perform a search for some objects which are persited to my
database and contain Integers and int. The problem is, that i have to search
for "substrings" within these Numbers.

For example:
Let's assume I've got a Class "Machine" which contains a machineId (Integer)
and a machineName (String).

There are some Objects stored into the database:
machineId   machineName
4711          My Machine 1
8711          My Other Machine
9741          Best Machine

Now i want to do something like this:
Query q = em.createQuery("SELECT m FROM Machine m WHERE m.machineId LIKE
:likeParam");
q.setParameter("likeParam", "%71%");

I want this query to return the machines with the id 4711 and 8711.

How can i achieve this?

Thanks in anticipation!

Best Regards,
chris