Re: [eclipselink-users] Configuring batch reading in JPA?

Hi Laird,

At the moment, the way to configure batch reading on a mapping is through a DescriptorCustomizer as described in a link accessible from the one you have provided.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Configuring_a_Relational_Mapping_%28ELUG%29#How_to_Configure_Batch_Reading_Using_Java

Adding batching as an annotation and orm.xml element would be a good idea. Please feel free to add an enhancement request.

-Tom

Laird Nelson wrote:
Hello; I would like to demonstrate to my team how it is easy to set up batch reading for our JPA entities.

I have read http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_Basic_Query_API_(ELUG)#Using_Batch_Reading <http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_Basic_Query_API_%28ELUG%29#Using_Batch_Reading>, which describes how to do it from a "native" EclipseLink perspective.

I was wondering if there were some sort of annotation or property I could add to my orm.xml file that would instruct EclipseLink to use batch reading for certain eagerly-loaded one-to-many relationships. I'm thinking of some sort of custom @OneToMany annotation with a batch="true" parameter, or something like it.

Thank you, and my apologies if the answer is right in front of me somewhere.

Best,
Laird