Re: [eclipselink-users] QueryBasedValueHolder cannot be cast to UnitOfWorkValueHolder

Most of the stack is your app or spring, the EclipseLink part is only at the
end, but seems to be missing the caused by, is there more to the stack?

Also please describe exactly what you are doing to get this error, ideally
your code for your commit.

Caused by: javax.persistence.RollbackException:
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.QueryBasedValueHolder
cannot be cast to
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.UnitOfWorkValueHolder
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.transaction.EntityTransactionImpl.commitInternal(EntityTransactionImpl.java:102)
        at
org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.transaction.EntityTransactionImpl.commit(EntityTransactionImpl.java:63)
        at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.doCommit(JpaTransactionManager.java:456)
        ... 105 more

Andreas König-2 wrote:

> Hey Folks!
>
> In certain cases I get this error and I don't find out why. Its
> definitely reproducable.
>

> !!!Could not commit JPA transaction; nested exception is
> javax.persistence.RollbackException: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.QueryBasedValueHolder
> cannot be cast to
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.UnitOfWorkValueHolder
>
> Situation is the following:
>
> What happens is that the object, that i change during a transactional
> context is updated in the database. There seem to be another
> transaction, which I don't see...
>
> Any idea??
>
> Thx for Help.
>

> Andreas König
>

> Stacktrace:
>
> 009-03-31 20:04:01,483 WARN [CommonsLoggingOutput] --Erroring:
> batchId[17]
> message[org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException:
> Could not commit JPA transaction; nested exception is
> javax.persistence.RollbackException: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.QueryBasedValueHolder
> cannot be cast to
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.UnitOfWorkValueHolder]
> 2009-03-31 20:06:13,283 WARN [CommonsLoggingOutput] Method execution
> failed:
> org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not
> commit JPA transaction; nested exception is
> javax.persistence.RollbackException: java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.QueryBasedValueHolder
> cannot be cast to
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.UnitOfWorkValueHolder
> 	at
> org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.doCommit(JpaTransactionManager.java:465)
> 	at
> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)
> Caused by: javax.persistence.RollbackException:
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.QueryBasedValueHolder
> cannot be cast to
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.indirection.UnitOfWorkValueHolder
> 	at
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.transaction.EntityTransactionImpl.commitInternal(EntityTransactionImpl.java:102)
> 	at
> org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.transaction.EntityTransactionImpl.commit(EntityTransactionImpl.java:63)
> 	at
> org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager.doCommit(JpaTransactionManager.java:456)
> 	... 105 more
>

> --
> Andreas König
> Developer