[eclipselink-users] ORA-1461 trying to insert String to XMLType

I have a JPA object with a String attribute that is bound to a database column of XMLType (Oracle 10g R2). When I try to persist the object, I get the error
	ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column
I have seen some posts in various places about problems of this kind with writing to an XMLType. I am just using XMLType for the first time, so I may be missing some configuration, but I am able to insert into it OK from SQL*Plus.

Is there specific support in Eclipselink somewhere for XMLType fields, or has anybody run into this?
David Parker
dap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top