[eclipselink-users] getting a timestamp value back from a nativeQuery

I need to execute a "select systimestamp from dual" against a 10g database. I'd like to use a JPA nativeQuery rather than going to JDBC, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a timestamp object back from a Query.getSingleResult().

I just want to get a system time from a central place (the database) in a distributed system. Is there a better way to do this, if it isn't possible via a jpa native query?

David Parker
dap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top