[eclipselink-users] most optimal wy to persisted list?

Hi all...

I'm just wondering, for EclipseLink, what is the most optimal way to persist List fields of an entity.  The @BasicCollection does not include persisting the index of the List elements (as far as I can tell) so when the EntityManager is cleared or a new one which does not alreayd know about the in-memory version of the List is used... the index values are lost.  In the current implementation, there are lists being serialized to byte arrays and stored as LOB columns which is not... optimal :)

Any advice on this?  Portability to other JPA providers is of little concern, if any.

Thanks!
- Phillip

Back to the top