Re: [eclipselink-users] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/spatial/geometry/JGeometry

Mark,
    Hi, I normally run WebLogic server outside my IDE differently than your case where you look to be running the embedded version of WebLogic - the default config.
    In either case (standalone or embedded WLS) you should place the sdoapi.jar in the WLS modules dir and may only need another copy in the JDeveloper dir so that your IDE code will compile at design-time (if it is not in your app/lib).

    There are 2 modules directories in a JDeveloper install - the 2nd one directly off of <middlewarehome> should be the correct place to put dependent jars.
    WebLogic is installed off of the root of this directory - not inside the jdeveloper subdirectory.
    It is not completely evident that <weblogic_home> == <middlewarehome>

       1) JDeveloper:
            C:\opt\jdev11wls103\jdeveloper\modules
       2) WebLogic Server: Use this WLS one....(at the same level as user_projects and wlserver_10.3)
            C:\opt\jdev11wls103\modules
                You should see the eclipselink.jar there along with other JPA providers like OpenJPA and Kodo - everything here will get loaded at the same classloader level on the WLS server.

    It is not recommended that dependent jars be merged with the eclipselink.jar.

    thank you
    /michael

Mark Millman wrote:

I tried that ... didn't work.

I put sdoapi.jar in both Middleware/jdeveloper/modules/ and Middleware/jdeveloper/modules/oracle.toplink_11.1.1

and I setup my environment variables so that SPATIAL_LIB = c:/oracle/Middleware/jdeveloper/modules/sdoapi.jar

and I get exactly the same error.

Mark

Mark Millman | Mizar, LLC | mark.millman@xxxxxxxxx | www.mizar.com | (360) 945-2643

589 S Beach Rd. | Point Roberts, WA 98281

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.