AW: AW: [eclipselink-users] Beginner question concerningCollectionsand Maps in JPA

Hi Tom,

thanks for your answers. I fear that your suggestions concerning the
Map<String, byte[]> goes to deeply into detail at the moment, as I'm
trying to evaluate if/how it is possible to persist our datamodel
(Records with IDs) with eclipseLink JPA.

At the moment I am pretty doubtful, as there are so many aggregations of
classes in our model. Even the class that represents the Id consist of
several members, some being Lists. Check out my first mail for a brief
overview of the classes or the smila project for a more general overview
(no code)http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Project_Concepts/ID_Concept
http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Project_Concepts/Data_Model_and_XML_repres
entation

I did some tests with a simple datamodel to learn some features of
eclipseLink/JPA. (Remember, I'm a rookie concerning eclipseLink/JPA)
But with our real datamodel I'm doomed to fail with this "try and error"
approach. I only managed to configure the RecordImpl to use the IdImpl
as an EmbeddedId, by setting every member to @Transient except
RecordImpl._id and IdImpl._source. Therafter I run into errors which I
don't think are of technical nature but just lack of knowledge of how to
do things right.

What I need is some advice if in general our datamodel could be
persisted with eclipseLink/JPA.
If there are any pitfalls or what in general cannot be represented in a
relational mapping.

That would be of great help !

Bye,
Daniel