Re: [eclipselink-users] Trouble with EclipseLink-Workbench-codegenerator and parameterized Collections

Heiko,

This is the expected behavior. The model code generation in the Workbench does not use the item type for this purpose. It is used when generating add/remove methods on the Accessors tab.

Neil

Heiko Ahlig wrote:
Hello...
..newbie-question again. ;)

I defined my classes in eclipseworkbench and used collections for something.
There I also defined the inculded items-class.

For Example:

in the class-xml-file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<class>
  <name>de.miku.mappingtest.model.TestSchema</name>
  .
  .
     <class-attribute>
        <name>objectMap</name>
        <modifier>2</modifier>
        <type-declaration>
           <type-handle>
              <type-name>java.util.ArrayList</type-name>
           </type-handle>
        </type-declaration>
        <item-type-handle>
           <type-name>de.miku.mappingtest.model.MyObject</type-name>
        </item-type-handle>
        .
        .
     </class-attribute>

In the generated TestSchema.java - file is only an unparameterized ArrayList defined:

public class TestSchema {
  private ArrayList objectMap;

public TestSchema() {
   this.objectMap = new ArrayList();
}

public ArrayList getObjectMap() {
   return this.objectMap;
}

Do I forget something, that the codegenerator - do not use this infromation for parameterization or is it normaly and I have to do this by myself?

Greeting
Heiko