From: Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] How to create EclipseLink Sessions, ORM.xml files in J2SE environment
To: "EclipseLink User Discussions" <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 8:06 AM

Hi Kris,

  This error generally occurs because for some reason the metadata for your
TestEtl class is not available to EclipseLink and you are treating it as
persistent.

  Depending on how you are configured, the metadata can come from different
places.

  If you are using a pure JPA solution, it will be derived from Annotations,
orm.xml and your persistence.xml file.

  If you are using the EclipseLink-proprietary APIs, it will be derived from
your sessions.xml and from either your project class or your deployment
xml(generated with the EclipseLink Mapping Workbench)

  Perhaps you can explain a little more about which of these files you are
using and what you are doing when you see the error.

-Tom

krisUSA123 wrote:
> Based on EclipseTeam's suggestions, I was able to create sessions.xml
file
> and was trying to create a CRUD operation.
> May I know what this error means:
>
> Exception Description: Missing descriptor for [class com.xx.TestEtl].
Verify that the descriptor has been properly registered with the Session.