Re: [eclipselink-users] "Global" TypeConverters?

Currently there is no option to have a global converter for a type.  Feel
free to add this enhancement request.

You could write a SessionCustomizer that iterated over all of your
descriptors and mappings and set this converter on any mapping with the
type, but this would be fairly complex.

You could also customize your session's ConversionManager
(org.eclipse.internal.helper) to handle the conversion of this type.

Rune Kvamme wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is its possible to configure that a specific TypeConverter always shall be
> used for a given class. For instance, I always wants to use my
> "TimePointConverter" when a TimePoint is used on one of my domain objects.
>
> As far as I know I need to configure this explicit, e.g. using the
> @Convert annotation, on each property where the converter should apply.
>
> Best regards,
> Rune

-----