Re: [eclipselink-users] Using constructor injection with JPA entities

I think that the default constructor you provide JPA can be marked private,
so would be ok.  If a private constructor does not work in EclipseLink,
please log a bug.  EclipseLink also has support for an InstantiationPolicy
that can use a private static method, or factory.

cowwoc wrote:

> But you cannot use constructor injection in JPA 1.0, it still forces you
> to provide a default constructor.
>
> Gili
>

> James Sutherland wrote:
>>
>> JPA 1.0 supports field access, so you do not need set methods if you use
>> field access, which is normally the better way to go anyway.
>>

>> cowwoc wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am curious whether it conceivably possible for JPA 2.0 to add support
>>> for constructor injection for such things as read-only entities. I'm not
>>> a fan of the JavaBean design pattern and I'm wondering whether it would
>>> be possible to move EclipseLink and JPA closer to the Guice way of doing
>>> things. For example:
>>>
>>> class Foo
>>> {
>>>   public Foo(@Named("username") String username, @Named("password")
>>> String password)
>>>   {}
>>>
>>>   // mapping annotations go on getters
>>>   public String getUsername() {}
>>>   public String getPassword() {}
>>>
>>>   // no setters
>>> }
>>>
>>> It would be even better if you could pick up the property names directly
>>> from the variable name but I believe there are technical problems with
>>> that approach.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Gili

-----