Re: [eclipselink-users] Re: rcp, osgi, and dynamic weaving

When using JPA in a Java EE container this behavior IS on by default.

The issue for other scenarios is we need a hook into the classloader to make this work since we are actually modifying classes as they are loaded.

In Java SE you can enable this by using our javaagent to run some code before the main method using the -javaagent switch. (i.e. all you do is provide the flag: -javaagent:eclipselink.jar)

In OSGi, as you know, classloaders are a little more complicated. In order to get a hook into the classloader we actually need to get it from the OSGi implementation itself. Equinox provides some non-standard behavior that allows this. We leverage that behavior to allow weaving at runtime - that is what is described in this thread.

In scenarios not listed above, static weaving can be used. With static weaving, you run a tool on your classes prior to deploying them and they are weaved in-place.

For more information about weaving, take a look at the web site for the tool we are using, ASM. They have some pretty good tutorials and articles.

http://asm.objectweb.org/

-Tom

Chiovari Cristian Sergiu wrote:
Thx for your information.

Despite my next question may look dummy i ask you why this enhanced performatice option is not set as default to eclipse link ?

There are some drawbacks on this ?