Re: [eclipselink-users] the SQL-update statement happens while Eclipselink is looking for a record

Can't think of any reason this would occur.  Please include your mapping and
class and what you are doing.  If it worked on Essentials it could have
something to do with change tracking, try disabling weaving to see if it is
the cause, "eclipselink.weaving"="false".

Rich Livingstone wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have what seems the same problem, except that I am not using any wacky
> Oracle XML classes in my table, just the Oracle NUMBER class. I also tried
> replacing it with INTEGER and still got the same problem namely:
>
> - everything works just fine with Toplink Essentials
> - when I use Eclipselink (latest release) and do a select, I get an update
> triggered with a null for the NUMBER/INTEGER field value which, since it
> is specified as NOT NULL, causes an exception and rollback (even though I
> didn't update anything)
>
> I can post the classes concerned if it would help, plus the mappings
> (orm.xml) I am using
>
> Regards
>
> Richard
>

> James Sutherland wrote:
>>
>> Could you include you class including its mapping.
>>
>> My guess is the special Oracle types you are using are some how confusing
>> EclipseLink's change tracking, such that it thinks they have changed.
>> Actually I'm surprised you don't get an error that your not allowed to
>> update a primary key.
>>
>> Hi

>> The persistence provider is Eclipselink.
>> Why does this implementation invoke an SQL-update statement which happens
>> after a SQL-select statement and raises an exception?

>> Regards
>> Dmitry

-----
---