RE: [eclipselink-users] Why is getResultList() grouped by Class even when ORDER BY is used?

I think this hint was only added in the 1.1 stream.  You can either upgrade
to a 1.1 build, or set the property directly on the query.

((ObjectLevelReadQuery)((JpaQuery)query).getDatabaseQuery()).setShouldOuterJoinSubclasses(true);
((ObjectLevelReadQuery)((JpaQuery)query).getDatabaseQuery()).setIsPrepared(false);

t3_chris wrote:

> Hi Christopher
>
> Christopher Delahunt wrote:
>>
>> or as a query
>> hint through the eclipselink.inheritance.outer-join hint.
>
> I've just played around with the query hint, but didn't get any better
> results than without...
>
> For the Query:
> Query q = em.createQuery("SELECT v FROM VendingmachineComponent v ORDER BY
> v.inventoryId DESC");
>
> I've tried the following variants:
>
> q.setHint("eclipselink.inheritance.outer-join", true);
> q.setHint("eclipselink.inheritance.outer-join", "true");
> q.setHint("eclipselink.inheritance.outer-join", "TRUE");
> q.setHint("eclipselink.inheritance.outer-join", 1);
>
> None of them worked (EclipseLink 1.0.2).
>
> best regards,
>   christian

-----
---