Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipselink-7197 Null primary key

That is quite odd.  You will need to isolate the specific cases to determine
the cause.

Start with the obvious of ensuring that none of your objects have a null
primary key.

One possibility could be if your using property get/set method access.
Method access can cause corruptions in your object model if the get/set
methods have side-effects.  Try switching to field access to see if it
resolves the issue, or search your set methods for side-effects.

Andreas König-2 wrote:

> Hey everybody!
>
> I'm quite new to Eclipselink and I have a serious problem here, that I'm
> trying to understand/solve for over a week now:
>
> We have a web application using spring.
>
> I create a new object and save it via jpaTemplate.persist();
> Later I try to load it via jpaTemplate.find().
> That results in an Eclipselink-7197-error:
>
> Exception [EclipseLink-7197] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 1.0.2
> (Build 20081024)):
> org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException Exception
>
> I don't understand what is going on here. Debugged it down to
> RepeatableWriteUnitOfWork(UnitOfWorkImpl).commitToDatabaseWithChangeSet:
> 1321
>
> There, the method calculateChanges() is called which throws the exception.
>
> I have no clue what is meant by null primary key, as in the database
> everything seems to be alright. No keys are null, negative or zero.
> Everything is persisted.
>
> Sometimes the same code works in the same scenario. In these cases the
> commitToDB-Code seems not to be executed....
>
> We had the same errors on another part of the system. After setting the
> cachetype of one dependent object to FULL, the problem doesn't occur
> anymore...
>

> Anyone got an idea? I'm thankful for everything and any explanation (why
> is there a commit happening?).
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Andi
>

> --