Re: [eclipselink-users] @ManyToMany relationship for a List?

Tim Hollosy wrote:

> Anyway, on to your second question. Implementing indexed lists. What
> do you mean implementing indexed lists on top of JPA?
>
> java.util.List is already indexed..so I don't really follow your question.

JPA 1.0 does not retain the element index. The best you can do is @OrderBy.
If the order is arbitrary (chosen by the end-user) you need to rely in
ordering by indexes but currently JPA will not manage indexes for you under
the hood. For example, if you want to insert an element between two other
elements you will need to update the indexes of all elements that allow,
etc.

Gili