Re: [eclipselink-users] Interpreting PerformanceProfiler output

The unqualified block seem to be a UOW regsiterObject() call (could be
EntityManager persist() or merge()).  What did you execute to get the
output?  Did you execute the read query, then call a register?

Potentially is could be when a read query is executed in the UOW it profiles
the query and register separately, I don't think the time is included in the
query profile.

Gschwind, Doug wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have the EclipseLink 1.0.1 PerformanceProfiler engaged and am
> getting useful information from it. I am wondering how to interpret
> "unqualified" Profile blocks of the following form though :
>
> Profile(ReadAllQuery,
> 	class=com.demos.Employee,
> 	number of objects=1,
> 	total time=189,
> 	local time=79,
> 	profiling time=327,
> 	DescriptorEvents=79,
> 	object building=79,
> 	time/object=189,
> 	objects/second=5,
> )
> }End profile
> Profile(
> 	total time=15,
> 	local time=15,
> 	register=15,
> )
> Profile(
> 	total time=16,
> 	local time=16,
> 	register=16,
> )
> Profile(
> 	total time=31,
> 	local time=31,
> 	cache=31,
> )
> Profile(
> 	total time=31,
> 	local time=31,
> 	register=31,
> )
>
> What I am referring to is the last four Profile sections that do not
> indicate the query type (e.g. ReadAllQuery, ReadObjectQuery), nor does
> it indicate the fully qualified binary class name (e.g.
> class=com.demos.employee.domain.Employee).
>
> So, are those "unqualified" Profile blocks that are missing query
> type and class information accounted for in terms of EclipseLink
> interaction time by the "qualified" Profile block that precedes or
> follows it? e.g. In my example above, are the 15+16+31+31 = 93
> milliseconds elapsed time in the "unqualified" Profile blocks already
> counted/accounted for in the 189 milliseconds required by the Employee
> ReadAllQuery? If not, what is taking place to attribute that additional
> 93 milliseconds of interaction time?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Doug
>

> The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are
> confidential, possibly privileged and intended
> for the addressee(s) only. Only the addressee(s) may read, disseminate,
> retain or otherwise use this message. If
> received in error, please immediately inform the sender and then delete
> this message without disclosing its contents
> to anyone.

-----
---
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/