[eclipselink-users] connection pooling

We started out about a year ago building an application on top of toplink-essentials. In addition to JPA objects, we also use raw JDBC Connections in some parts of our code. For the raw connections we need to be able to do pooling, so I have been looking at DBCP....

If I use NativeQuery objects for my SQL queries, how do I go about ensuring that they use a Connection pool under the covers in eclipselink? I would like to have just one way of accessing the database, if possible (we need SQL for some database-specific features that we use, e.g., fulltext indexes).

Any hints would be appreciated. Also, recommendations for the best dev evironment for building the eclipselink project - I am equally inept with Netbeans or Eclipse. I assume things are optimized for Eclipse?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to moving our app forward onto eclipselink.
aloha

-- DAP
David Parker                                                  david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"If you want sense you'll have to make it yourself"
										- The Dodecahedron

Back to the top