RE: [eclipselink-users] Using Tomcat - reply

Gili,
	Thank you for your review comments, I am glad to see you using our examples.
	Please keep in mind that these Tutorials have been tested and verified but they are evolving works in progress.

	Here are some suggestions for your suggestions.

	1) The example already illustrates use of the eclipselink.session.customer property set to JPAEclipseLinkSessionCustomizer to avoid the javax.naming exception when STRING_LOOKUP is not set on the JNDI connector
	2) This example is currently using JTA - a common configuration originating from a support email that started this tutorial version, the non-jta-data-source element is commented out in the example.
	3) The final String constant was used as part of a lookup that is not in the wiki, I will be adding the code to SVN shortly in http://bugs.eclipse.org/250476 and will synchronize wiki with SVN when it is queued - the constant should be removed.

	>>>Previous Mail
	1) and 2) Please contact the javax implementation vendor.
        I needed to quote the JNDI exception message "as-is" with the spelling mistake so that this JNDI workaround in the customizer gets indexed by Google along with all other instances of "throught" on the net.
		"throught" is a spelling error that occurs outside our API in the JNDI API on the server - there already is a bug open for that Vendor.

	3) I tried to follow a streamlined "quick start" tutorial, and therefore it is assumed that developers will access the other resources in our user guide to understand JPA concepts such as "RESOURCE_LOCAL" vs "JTA".  As a quick start tutorial, we would also like to keep content duplication to a minimum and concentrate on the core details on what exceptions "beyond a normal JPA deployment" are needed to get running on Tomcat?
	see:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_(ELUG)#What_You_May_Need_to_Know_About_Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Persistence_Unit_Properties

	thank you
	/michael