Re: [eclipselink-users] UnidirectionalOneToManyMapping yeesh!

UnidirectionalOneToMany follows the exsisting patterns long established in Eclipselink. Our most precious resource here (believe it or not) is time - there are so many real issues to be resolved. ----- Original Message ----- From: "cowwoc" <cowwoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users] UnidirectionalOneToManyMapping yeesh!

Andrei Ilitchev wrote:

my experience long names are usually a strong indication that something
more
fundamental is wrong.
In my experience they are not.

Really? You see nothing wrong with
UnidirectionalOneToManyRelationMaintanenceMode? Doesn't anyone else take
issue with this?

Why can't you integrate this functionality into the existing OneToMany? Why can't you create a new OneToMany in a different package name? Why can't you
use nested classes to break this down into smaller components? There are
countless different ways to improve upon this.