[eclipselink-users] generating SQL at compile time

Hi!

My first question, so please be gentle if I ask an obvious question (though I've searched web & markmail) ;)

I'm currently evaluating eclipseLink and a few other JPA providers for replacing JDO in our production systems.

In many production setups, the apps simply don't have any grants for create/alter table statements.

So, how can I generate the SQL statements for creating the database / upgrading the database without automatically performing those statements against the database?

Is there any class / ant task / maven plugin one can invoke to generate the SQL statements into a file?
How can I disable the schema execution at runtime?

txs in advance,
strub

Back to the top