From: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael O'Brien
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:03 AM
To: EclipseLink User Discussions
Subject: RE: [eclipselink-users] connection management

John,
	Right, You should be ok using a standard JTA datasource that is
setup for pooling on your application server as long as you don't timeout in
mid-transaction.

	As an aside, I find it very interesting to help out a group in close
proximity to the #2 supercomputer in the world at your lab - just under the
other new June 2008 Roadrunner IBM system for the DOE built with IBM
PlayStation cell processor blades.  If we can help get your 500 teraflop
speed above the new June 2008 1 petaflop maximum it would be very good.

	thank you
	/michael