[eclipselink-users] Seamless transaction mode switching

Hi,

This is not currently possible to switch between JTA and
RESOURCE_LOCAL transaction modes seamlessly in an application with JPA
1.0. RESOURCE_LOCAL requires
javax.persistence.EntityTransaction.begin() or commit() for
translation lifecycle management. JTA on the other side is managed
through container and the persistence context. The API to ensure that
your code is joined to the enclosing persistence context is
EntityManager.joinTransaction().

How can I use a unified transaction management model to run my code on
a Java SE and Java EE environments seamlessly? I know that Spring
helps here, but I'm looking for a pure-EclipseLink solution.

Thanks,
Mohsen.

Back to the top