From: eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:eclipselink-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James
Sutherland
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 6:44 AM
To: eclipselink-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eclipselink-users]
EclipseLinkeclipselink.cache.shared.default persistence property

Nope, "eclipselink.cache.shared.default=true" is the default.

You can mark a class as read-only using the @ReadOnly annotation or xml.

Then it will not be cloned.  You can also mark an individual query as
read-only using the "eclipselink.read-only"="true" hint.

Gschwind, Doug wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to disable the default implicit copy on read behavior in
> EclipseLink, for each JPA mapped class in the persistence unit, so
that
> each find/read executed by an EntityManager instance always returns
> EclipseLink's shared cache object references. This is in the context
of
> a database extract process, so each JPA mapped object that is hydrated
> within this context will be treated as immutable.
>
> Can I get that EclipseLink behavior by specifying the persistence
> property and value as follows?
>
> eclipselink.cache.shared.default=true
>
> I am using the EclipseLink 1.0.1 release.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug
>
> The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are
> confidential, possibly privileged and intended
> for the addressee(s) only. Only the addressee(s) may read,
disseminate,
> retain or otherwise use this message. If
> received in error, please immediately inform the sender and then
delete
> this message without disclosing its contents
> to anyone.

-----
---
http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:James.sutherland.oracle.com James