Re: [eclipselink-users] EclipseLink 1.0.1 on Glassfish V2R2 - issue with target-server

Jan Vissers wrote:
Thx,

Already tried to relocate eclipselink.jar to $GLASSFISH_HOME/lib. This
gets me a bit further, but not far enough. The next error message I get
is:

"...PersistenceUnitInfo image-bank has transactionType JTA, but doesnt
have jtaDataSource...."
Can you please post the complete stack trace when you get this. This seems to be coming from GlassFish code when it tries to create EMF from your PU. I am not familiar with Spring but you will somehow need to "hide" the pu from being loaded by GlassFish and let Spring create your EMF.

-Mitesh
I'm using Spring 2.5.5 JPA functionality 'so' my persistence.xml doesn't
declare any datasource. This works without a problem on Glassfish V3
Prelude - somehow it does not on V2UR2.

Any other pointers that would help me?
-J.

The class name is correct, so it would seem to be some sort of class
issue.  Where did you put the eclipselink.jar on your server's classpath?

You could try putting the jar in a different location, or as a workaround
try setting the server platform through a SessionCustomizer.

Jan Vissers wrote:
I'm tyring to deploy my application onto Glassfish V2R2. I get the
following error message:

Exception Description: ClassNotFound:
[org.eclipse.persistence.platform.server.sunas.SunAS9ServerPlatform]
specified in
[eclipselink.target-server] property.

What am I doing wrong?
The same war deploys without a problem on Glassfish V3 Prelude.

Thx,
-J.

-----
---