Re: [eclipselink-users] OSGI Manifest

Hi Eric,

You are correct. At the moment, we are not including version numbers of the packages we export. It would be a good idea to enter a bugzilla issue to have this resolved.

I believe the reason we do not see a lot of traffic on the mailing lists about this issue is that if you import the EclipseLink bundles as bundles (rather than as packages) things should work. That may provide a workaround for you.

-Tom

Eric Gulatee wrote:
All,

I'm currently having trouble deploying the osgi bundles with spring on the spring dm server platform. It seems to be due to the osgi manifests not containing version information. It would seem spring has an optional import on versions 1 through 2. And since there isn't version info in the 1.1-M2 manifests, it's failing to be imported. [What I've been told]

For anyone interested, here's the thread on springsource's forums.
http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=61456

Cheers,
Eric Gulatee.