Re: [eclipselink-users] The ScrollableCursor's issues

Hi
I found the workaround which is really useful in case you are working with
XMLTYPE's data and using the scrollable cursor.
In this case you need to implement the custom class which extends the
Oracle11Platform class and override the getObjectFromResultSet method in
this way:

    public Object getObjectFromResultSet(ResultSet resultSet, int
columnNumber, int type, AbstractSession session) throws
java.sql.SQLException {

    	if (type == OracleTypes.OPAQUE) {

	    	Object result = resultSet.getObject(columnNumber);
	    	if(!(result instanceof OPAQUE)) {
	    	// Report Queries can cause result to not be an instance of OPAQUE.
	    	return result;
	    	}

	    	XMLType xml;
    		xml = (XMLType) result;
    		String xmlstr = xml.getStringVal();
    		xml.close();
    		return xmlstr;
    	}
    	else{
    		return super.getObjectFromResultSet(resultSet, columnNumber, type,
session);
    	}
    }

By doing this you are able to escape from very big memory leaks.

Regards,
Dmitry