Re: [eclipselink-users] Error when using Double in Entity on GlassFish v3

Hi James and Christopher,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:09:52PM -0700, James Sutherland wrote:
> You can also use the OraclePlatform, which has no Oracle JDBC class
> dependencies.
>
> For the Oracle9Platform ensure that the Oracle JDBC driver and
> eclipselink.jar are in the same place and on the same classpath.

Thanks so much for the help. Specifying OraclePlatform did the trick.

Apparently the combination of EclipseLink and ojdbc14.jar defaults to
Oracle9Platform and I was unaware of that. I reach that conclusion since I did
not specify any platform.

Is there an overview of default platforms for Oracle driver versions? For
instance, if I use ojdbc6.jar from now on, what would be the default platform?

Thanks, Wouter

--

People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"

Back to the top